Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 07:55 AM   #1067
rjcroy
Bibliophile
rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kobo Touch
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakcrew View Post
I note RJCroy seems to have the same problem. I have been specifically monitoring battery use following an earlier post, and have found that mine (updated 2.1.1 on Monday) seems to be using slightly more power than before, though not to the extent of 25-30% overnight - more like 15%. Like you, I leave mine on Sleep, because it seems to use quite a lot less power than rebooting from Off every day.
I find it interesting that you say that using Sleep mode uses less power overall than rebooting each read. It had me wondering too.

I have been struck by the extremely impressive battery performance of my wife's Sony PRS-T1 (Japanese firmware). She has been using it for 3 months, with relatively light use (started the second book recently). But during those 3 months it has only needed to be charged 3 times! Or is that 2? It's so rare I forget.

And what surprised me about the Sony PRS-T1 is that you can't change the sleep/power settings. It has fixed settings.
1. Go to sleep after 30 mins
2. Power Off after 3 days!

That almost suggests Sony's engineers know just what you suspect @Peakcrew.

Last edited by rjcroy; 08-31-2012 at 07:57 AM.
rjcroy is offline   Reply With Quote