Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 07:11 AM   #1066
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
hi Peakcrew,

My wireless is typically off as I realize that can indeed 'eat-up' quite a lot of energy especially in case of bad connection .. so that isn't the problem.
I'm wondering if there's some other activity going on in the background that not only drains the battery but also renders the touchscreen unresponsive after a while. Note that as the home-button still reacts and actually takes me to the home-screen, the device isn't locking up during the sleep, its just the touchscreen that doesn't respond to touching after a >30 min. or so sleep.

Cheers,
Hans
Thanks, Hans - I hope you didn't mind the comment about wifi. I have just found in the past that some folks don't realise how much wifi can suck those electrons up!

I note RJCroy seems to have the same problem. I have been specifically monitoring battery use following an earlier post, and have found that mine (updated 2.1.1 on Monday) seems to be using slightly more power than before, though not to the extent of 25-30% overnight - more like 15%. Like you, I leave mine on Sleep, because it seems to use quite a lot less power than rebooting from Off every day.

I also seem to be experiencing delays in things that I didn't experience with 2.0.1, as if the processor is struggling, though the screen-response isn't one of them. Going from highlight to Annotations and back has slowed down by at least a factor of 2, and changing font settings is horribly slow - over a minute to change font size yesterday.

It is as if improving the page-turn time (which 2.1.1 has definitely done) has come at the price of slowing down/stopping other things.

Out of interest, roughly how big are the sections in the books you are having difficulty with?
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote