View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 06:05 AM   #31
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
I actually heard Marissa Mayer speak about this years ago. She said that when they first did user testing on the Google home page, people sat on front of the page for a long time and didn't click on anything. Finally the testing moderator had to say, "what are you looking at? are you waiting for something?" and the user would say, "I'm waiting for the page to finish loading." The design was so clean relative to everything else out there at the time, users thought it was unfinished.
That's fascinating. I wonder if they modified the page in any way in the light of that testing - although it's hard to how they might have done that.

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote