The pluses of this app are many and if you haven't yet purchased this inexpensive android app, go do it now. It is well worth the token fee.
Here is what you can do with this app today, but at the rate the changes keep coming tomorrow may bring other features.
- Sync books to your device via your local wireless network as if it was connected via a USB cable
- Group books by Author, Series, Title, Tags, Publisher, User Categories and custom categories.
- Within these groups you can further sort by Title, Author, Series, or Date.
- You can view all the metadata for any book in a nice book jacket format.
- You can delete any book in CC from your device.
- You can select to read any book in CC (reader app required).
- You can configure CC to accept any book format.
- You can configure CC to place any format in a unique location on your device.
- You can Xfer to your device any book format you have in calibre.
After using CC for 2 and a half weeks some things now irritate me.
The fact that every time I group books the titles, authors, series or other are grouped by a truncated alphabet and not a full flingable list. When I look at the group by authors I can rarely see all of the authors for any letter without drilling further down. I would very much prefer the ability to have all of my authors in a flingable list.
Striking duplication of thought. I setup a custom category and was again frustrated that my custom list was again grouped by letter, causing the list to not be easily viewed without drilling down into the menu structure. It would be so much better if I could quickly view all tags, authors, titles, series or custom categories in a flingable list. I can never remember all the authors that begin with a certain letter and find myself wondering which authors I can't see in the top level.
An example of an app that does this well is Moon+ Reader.
The other item that causes me difficulty is accessibility. Specifically I would like to have the ability to increase or scale font and icon size to match my older eyes.
Steve, Charles and Annie Great Job so far, Keep it up.