View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 07:11 PM   #16
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Xoom, Kindle PW, iPad3, Fire HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
This is a known issue with the K4 and some have it on the KT. Some units are better than others when it comes to contrast. I've exchange mine due to this issue. Amazon is aware of the issue. They tried to darken the font in the last firmware upgrade but for me I couldn't tell a difference. You will find eInk varies and when you get a darker unit there's not much you can do other then exchange it.
I've had 3 KT's pass thru my hands. The first one was okay, but I thought it could be better so I requested an exchange. However the replacement was not as good (seemed to be 'dark'), so I returned it and kept the original one. Even so I found that I needed to turn on 'refresh every page' to keep the ghosting from being a distraction. A couple of months ago I bought another KT (with 3G this time) and found it didn't require 'refresh every page' (my original is KT now a loaner). So there seems to be quite a bit of variation, seemingly endemic to eInk technology. Still I wonder if they could add some way to adjust contrast/brightness to give you to compensate for that variation. For example, Sony PRS-T1 has such settings, though I've never found any need to use them and don't know if they could overcome truly 'bad' eink screens.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote