Originally Posted by short_skirts
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the same problem or not, but Calibre does not allow the option of my device anymore. There is no 'device' icon at the top, nor is it an option when I right click on a title of a book. I'm running the 2.0 firmware, and Calibre 8.6.6.
Help? It was working fine, and then it just stopped recognizing it.
Well, 8.6.6. is quite old, but I suspect you mean 8.6.60. That was when the firmware version check was put in. If so, then you have the same issue. Calibre should have displayed a message about this. The message included instructions to get around the problem. They weren't detailed, so I will spell them out here:
- Start calibre
- Click the Preferences button (the gears)
- At the bottom of the Preferences window, find the "Plugins" button and click that
- In the field at the top, type "Kobo" (without the quotes) and press "Next"
- The "Kobo Reader Device Interface" will be found and selected.
- Press the "Customize plugin" button under the list.
- The "Customize Kobo Reader Device Interface" dialog will be displayed.
- Near the bottom of the dialog is "Attempt to support newer firmware". Make sure this is checked.
- Press the "OK" to save this, then the "Apply" to close the plugins list and then the "Close" button to close the preferences.
- Restart calibre (not sure if this is needed but I always do when changing preferences)
- Connect the Touch and everything should be fine.
If it isn't, recheck the steps and check the version of calibre is up to date. If you see errors along the way, report them so we can see what is wrong