View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 01:39 PM   #10
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
I know. (I have Prime)

But, the Fire currently is more than $79. Say I sign up for Prime, pay the $79, get a Fire, and never renew my membership...is Amazon going to bill me for the difference?
I suspect not... though perhaps they would make you sign up for a two year commitment (kind of like a smart phone!). But my guess is that that they expect that once you have Prime, you will not want to give it up.

I suspect a lot of people who signed up thinking they would keep it for a year (say where they expected to make a lot of purchases) have kept it because there are so many perks. Despite my resistence to Kindle, the lending library with prime is probably the strongest inducement to get a Kindle.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote