View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 01:23 AM   #30
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
If I think my old device is good enough I am not really tempted by upgrades unless they offer something I really want. Case in point is my Touchpad. There is nothing a newer tablet can offer me that I cannot do now. Sure, they maybe lighter, thinner, and faster but my Touchpad is good enough. Now give me a full Intel Windows tablet that offers the same battery life and weighs the same and I would be tempted. Or some new screen technology. Sure, higher resolution screens are great, but they are not keeping me away from e-ink yet. Manufacturers have to show me some real benefits before they get my money as long as the old device keeps on working.

This is also one of the advantages of custom ROM's. You get the latest features even on older devices.

Last edited by HansTWN; 08-29-2012 at 01:26 AM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote