View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 11:05 PM   #156
djulian
Evangelist
djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I put "mandatory filtering" in the same rough category for banning--it's removing access from people based on someone else's preferences. I have no problem at all with people setting up their own filters and never seeing content they're not interested in.
I find the question irrelevant. I assume that all aspects of a person's life, and all things they see or do or think about, will affect their behavior. Sorting out what influences tend to cause behaviors that are harmful to others is useful; sorting out what influences "affect behaviors" is meaningless. Everything affects behavior.
Well, if you consider filtering to be the same as banning, then that part of the discussion is a little tough to resolve. I don't think they're the same thing.

But if you think that everything affects behavior, then we've reached agreement on the idea that erotic literature affects behavior as erotic literature is a part of everything. Who knows how it will affect them--I'm inclined to think it will affect them with regards to their views on sex/sexual behavior--but we agree that it will affect them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
Everyone's different, so there is no "standard" that applies.
I'm not trying to be dim here, but I'm not sure I understand your answer.
djulian is offline   Reply With Quote