View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #6
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
PS1: With 2.6.26 I think the kernel is new enough that you don't have to mount binfmt_misc - the module will "auto mount" when it loads.
I.E: When the module is not loaded, there is no binfmt_misc under /proc/sys/fs
When the module is loaded, that directory suddenly appears.

PS2: You have Linux Mint-13 (or Mint-12) on you dev system - -
browse /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc and you should find the names of things that are already registered. (python2.7, jar, wine, arm ...) by the distribution's provided start-up scripting.

as in:
Code:
core2quad ~ $ cat /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc/qemu-arm
enabled
interpreter /usr/bin/qemu-arm-static
flags: OC
offset 0
magic 7f454c4601010100000000000000000002002800
mask ffffffffffffff00fffffffffffffffffeffffff
Which is how your Mint-{12,13} system manages to run arm native code on a x86 processor.

PS1 didn't happen, otherwise I would not have added the bit about mounting it manually. I'll go check that again...

Cheers I tried PS2 when we talked about it before. Yep. : ) excellent.

When attempting to discuss and describe these "things" (especially in topposts) in very rough layman's terms, there is a distinct possibility that the finer details are skipped over and in doing so: It probably makes me sound as though I have never read anything about them before.

Rest assured I read as much as I can before these posts. At least two or three separate references. That doesn't make my posts any "Righter" just more-informedly "Wrong"

thanks for the extra details, I will skip ahead to some usage then.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote