Originally Posted by ectoplasm
I really appreciate the full screen toggle and dimmed keys in Android 4. It took me a little time to figure out how to bring up the options menu with a open book, but once I figured that out, I'm glad to have the new version.
+1! The dimmed keys were my#1 wish.
I love CR.
so excited to see the new version coming along.
In case it's of any help, Buggins, here are the notes I've taken while testing the latest (aug 23rd) beta version.
Using Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7", ICS 4.0.4 stock.
- After changing options, must close book, close CoolReader, then reopen. or they don't take effect
- Crashes upon screen rotation
- If I am reading a book and leave it open in the background as I work in another app, I can't go back to the book - it won't display, and sometimes force-closes, until I delete the cache files.
- Profiles are such a great feature, but creating /defining one is unclear or unpredictable, as is Toggle Styles.
- Scan directory doesn't see book I deleted from the recent books list.
- Georgette Heyer's "Infamous Army" shows html and Chinese characters (displays everything correctly in fbreader.)
- Upon installing the new version, I was unable to access the menu and options until I deleted my .ini file, because i didn't assign a tap-zone for them in my previous install.
- If I turn on TTS in landscape 2 column mode,, when i turn tts off, the columns are chopped off. (Same behavior was in the official version.)
Unclear how to remove opds catalogs from home page.
Option to hide books marked as finished
Option to show books by tags
Hope these are a little help to you. Thanks for all your great work.