View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 02:56 AM   #5
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I'm confused. I didn't have my phone wired connected to my computer and thence to calibre that way. I had the wifi on on the phone, and the wireless device connected through the connect/share icon. I don't see how that could be two instances, and I'm not sure how to disable the wireless.

as i say, it's a small thing, but potentially confusing.
He didn't say that you had a phone connected to your computer. He said that (possibly) your computer has both a network cable plugged in and also wireless turned on. This is in general not a good idea because as far as the network is concerned, your computer is there twice. Lots of things can get confused.

Does your computer have wifi? If so, what happens if you turn it off? If dwanthny is correct, and I think he is, then after turning off wifi you will see only one calibre from CC. In addition, your computer's networking performance could improve. Cabled connections are far preferable to wifi connections.

If your computer has both a cabled connection and a wifi connection and for some reason you want to leave wifi on, then you should probably unplug the cable. Alternatively, your computer might have some setting that tells it to automatically disable wifi when a cable is plugged in. I have no idea where such a setting might be, if it exists at all.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote