View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 03:21 AM   #2
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook color, nook touch
It's my impression that the underlying ePub presentation engine for the Nook is Adobe's Mobile Reader SDK. If so, I wouldn't expect the Nook to support text-to-speech unless Adobe adds it. Perhaps with ePub3's improved TTS features, they'll do so. In any case, the Nook STR/Glow don't have speakers/audio jack, so they'll never do TTS. I haven't checked, perhaps there are Android ePub readers today that support TTS using the Android TTS libraries.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote