View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #33
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 10.1, Nook HD+, and Windows Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Next time you have a Word document converted to ePub, use an iPad and Android tablet with the popular reading apps (iBooks, Bluefire, Stanza on iOS and Aldiko, CoolReader and others (not really up on Android reading apps) on Android) and tell me if everything works perfectly. It may or it may not. It's a crap shoot.
I just did, with my own reformatted Chaos Chronicles omnibus. I tested it on Aldiko on Android, Nook, iBooks on ipad, Kindle (various), Sony, ADE on PC, and maybe something else I've forgotten. It looks good on all. I tested night mode, and I tested changing font sizes. It's not a crap shoot, but you do have to take care with certain things. (Okay, some things are a crap shoot with any ebook, because not all devices display things the same way.)

I don't think I tested font changes, though, except in the Kindle multi-device emulator.

Edit: Okay, I just tested font changes and night mode in ibooks. A-okay.

And -- to yank this back to the point of the topic -- it did require (for the benefit of Aldiko and Nook) having the centered styles tweaked in CSS because that was something Calibre is not set up to do.

Last edited by starrigger; 08-24-2012 at 05:07 PM.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote