Latest version of Calibre Companion: V3.2.4 on 26/Nov/2013.
Calibre Companion requires calibre version 0.9.2 or later. The "Use calibre's book identifier as file name" option requires calibre version 0.9.15 or later. The performance improvements and new features in CC V3.2.1 require calibre version 1.6 or later.
What is Calibre Companion?
Calibre Companion is three applications in one: it connects to calibre over WiFi and is detected as a device, it connects to calibre’s content server, and it is a library organizer on your device.
The first: Calibre Companion supports connecting to calibre over WiFi and be detected by calibre as a device. No other app, reader or browser, offers this level of integration with calibre.
- All calibre device operations are supported, including sending books and metadata, cover thumbnails, deleting books, sending news, and plugins like Reading List.
- You can specify where different book formats are to go on your device, e.g., epubs in one folder, pdfs in another, and mobis in a third.
- Calibre Companion can update the metadata for the books on every connect, ensuring the information for your books displayed in Calibre Companion is the same as the information displayed in calibre.
- Most setup is on the device, making it easy for different users in the same household to have different device configurations, or to use more than one computer running calibre.
The second: Calibre Companion can connect to calibre’s content server.
The third: Calibre Companion is a library organizer for your device.
Click here to see CC's FAQ
Click here to see CC's Change Log
- sort books by title, author, series, date changed, with both ascending and descending sorts.
- group books by title, author, tags, series, publisher, date read, and most calibre custom column types; including optional navigation by first letter.
- view a "book jacket" showing all the details of a book, including calibre's custom columns.
- launch your book reader application to read a book (works with most reader applications).
- search for books using calibre-like search syntax.
- scan your library folders for books not in Calibre Companion's database and adding them. This process uses calibre to help get the highest quality metadata available.