Thread: E-book prices
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #29
NickyWithNook
Fanatic
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook GlowLight, Kindle PW2 & Fire HD 6, iPad 3, Nook Tablet & Color, R
I'm trying to think back to when I first started hearing about e-readers. It seems like one of the arguments for getting them was that ebooks were cheaper. Am I remembering that wrong?

Oh, I wanted to add something else. Someone wrote in the thread that the package doesn't matter, it's the experience that counts, so it shouldn't matter whether it's an e-book or physical book. I disagree with that because before e-books, part of the experience for me was passing on books I'd enjoyed to friends and family and then discussing the books with them after they'd read them. I do miss that, and that was a part of the value of physical books.

Last edited by NickyWithNook; 08-23-2012 at 11:06 AM.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote