View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
Ruairi
Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Buying the Right Tablet

Hi.

How are all you people doing? This seems like a nice little community here.

I recently bought a wee scroll tablet and returned it. I want to use a tablet to connect to my stereo and had assumed that any tablet would also provide me with the facility of connecting an external hard drive meaning i was no longer fumbling around in cd cases. Since reading into it i decided that the nexus was for me only to find it doesn't support an external hard drive either. I have spent hours upon hours trying to find which one is best and every time i settle on something I am put off by a review or a comment in a forum.

My needs are pretty basic. I would say that the tablet will sit in it's stand at least 95% of the time and just be the interface for my music to be played through the stereo. A facility to connect to a hard drive is a the only essential. I am currently sitting on about 45-50gb of music. I'm sure once i get my new toy I'll want to have a wee fumble around with it. I don't play games or anything. A bit of general browsing, youtube, email, facebook and maybe iplayer is as far as I go online.

I was thinking about getting the galaxy note but then i read it is a little expensive considering quad-core processors are being manufactured and sold cheaper that the galaxy is priced at currently and i would rather keep the price as low as possible. i don't really like the stock music player with android. I downloaded winamp to my phone and laptop so i'd probably prefer a device that has the play market and not this SlideMe nonsense I found with the Scroll so I can get winamp pro for the tablet as well.

I would really appreciate it if anyone had any thoughts or suggestions on which tablet would suit me best. I am not the most techinically able so I would really need any items to be ready for use coming out of the box. I wouldn't be too keen on trying to use a "root" for the nexus for example.

Thanks in advance folks.
Ruairi is offline   Reply With Quote