View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 05:04 AM   #19
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505, Nook Color(CM7), iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Tech pundits are usually paid, biased, or disconnected*. There are few that I trust or put little value in their "expert" view. I put much more value it consumers reviews, however there are some really good reivewers like Lisa Glade from MobileTechReview does a very detailed and good job. Very unbiased.
So she liked your favourite device?
And reading her iPad 3 review, it includes:
Quote:
Assuredly it's sharper with somewhat richer colors, but if you head to an Apple store and look at the iPad 2 and new iPad side-by-side, I'll wager you'd have trouble saying which is which at first and even second glance.
Seriously? I find it hard to believe that if you open anything text-based, like a book or web page, on both devices and viewed them side by side that the difference wouldn't be obvious. It certainly is for me, owning both devices.
And a review that includes the phrases "Another year, another Apple tablet and ensuing craze", "Despite Apple's extreme marketing claims", "or an Apple lover who wants to have the latest and greatest from Cupertino." doesn't exactly come across as very unbiased.
We naturally tend to agree with and respect those who hold the same opinions we do.
You can always pick specific phrases (as I have above) to make someone look biased, that doesn't mean that they are.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergi
...I happen to like the iPad better based on screen, build quality and on software....
This is incorrect there are Android tablets with the same build quality and resolution as the iPad 3 (Transformer 700).
Transformer 700: 1920x1200
iPad 3: 2048x1536
That is roughly 36% more pixels on the iPad.

Last edited by murraypaul; 08-22-2012 at 05:09 AM.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote