View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #54
hornpipe2
hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Just now got this working, it's great. Notes:
* If you are having problems connecting, restart your Kindle. Security policy appears to be loaded at boot, so changes you make don't take effect until a restart.

* Use this version, some people may have missed it, but it fixes a button problem:
Quote:
Originally Posted by McArrow View Post
Fixed keycode for FIVE-WAY DOWN button...
* I have added this line to /etc/inittab:
Code:
tn:5:once:/mnt/us/usbnet/bin/busybox telnetd
It lets me use KindleTerm to connect to localhost, but connecting the USB cable switches me to mass-storage mode by default. Best of both worlds (for now).

* Question(s): Where do I put commands to run on login? (.shrc and .profile are not working.) And then, once I have a working profile, how can I get /var/tmp/root persistent across reboots? Symlink to /mnt/us/<folder> would be a cool option except that fat32 is case-insensitive...
hornpipe2 is offline   Reply With Quote