View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 11:04 AM   #21
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
So it seems that mixing kernel and partition versions may cause extra battery drain then. I do not know what mechanism can account for that. I am glad that it is working for you now.
It's very unlikely that doing "something wrong" (tm) with the diags kernel/partition would affect the battery when running in main. In fact, it's completely impossible IMO.

One could just as well wipe out the diags kernel and partition completely, or install Super Mario instead, or... well you see where I'm going - it just wouldn't affect the Kindle running in normal operation mode, because the normal mode doesn't touch anything "diags".
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote