This plugin allows you to insert an ex libris
into your eBooks in EPUB format.
In particular, this is the Calibre plugin version of the CLI tool described in this discussion
You can select a single ebook or your entire Calibre library, and have the same ex libris applied to all of them! You can both replace the existing eBooks or create a copy.
You must supply an XHTML file containing the ex libris to be inserted, and --- optionally --- any other resource needed (images, CSS files, fonts, etc.).
If you select a single EPUB book, the main window will show you its spine and TOC, to help you specify the insertion points of the ex libris page.
If you select multiple EPUB books, you can only specify "1" or "first" or "last" as insertion points, both for the spine and for the TOC. You can overrule this limitation (at your own risk!) unchecking the respective checkbox in the configuration window.
The current version can replace placeholders in the XHTML page (written as [%key%]) using the eBook metadata (e.g., [%title%]), Calibre metadata (e.g., [%calibre-title%]) or user-provided strings ([%yourMessageHere%]). The set of supported metadata tags can be found on the configuration window. In the latter case, the user can define her own keys.
Main Features as in v. 1.0.17
- Single EPUB or Multiple EPUBs selection
- Spine and TOC are displayed when a single EPUB is selected
- Replace existing EPUB file or create a copy
- Include external resources (images, CSS, fonts) beyond the ex libris XHTML page
- Replace string placeholders in the XHTML page (in the form: [%key%]) with book metadata, Calibre metadata, or user-supplied values that can be set through the configuration window of the plugin
- Ex libris removal function
- Help dialog
- Examples of XHTML ex libris pages included in the ZIP file
- Your eBook input file must be "EPUB 2.0.1"-compliant, and your ex libris input file must be "XHTML 1.1 strict"-compliant, otherwise exlibris is not guaranteed to work properly and it might produce an invalid EPUB file.
- Currently exlibris includes the additional files (images, CSS, fonts, etc.) using their extension to set the proper media-type field. Please name your file consistently. For example, do not name a JPEG image 'image.svg' but use 'image.jpg' or 'image.jpeg'.
- This Calibre plugin was developed under Calibre 0.8.51, but it might work on earlier versions.
- Download the attached zip file and install the plugin/restart calibre/add to context menu or toolbar as described in the Introduction to plugins thread.
- Select at least one EPUB file
- Open the plugin window (you can use the keyboard shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+X)
- Click on 'Configure'
- Select your exlibris XHTML page and, optionally, other external resources and/or modify the default configuration options
- Click on 'OK'
- Congratulations, now you can apply your nice ex libris to all the EPUB eBooks you want!
If you like this project, I ask you to consider supporting the eBook Club Italia
), a non-profit association that promotes reading, especially using digital devices. You can help through a donation (there is a PayPal button on the right column of the home page) or by becoming a member.