Thanks JSWolf. Since Sigil
likes to take care of errors itself (and I wasn't at my best after two very early starts), it may be that I wasn't careful about checking for changes that had been inserted automatically.
Yes, SBT, that is exactly what puzzled me when I checked it in Sigil
and the Firefox ePub Reader
plugin. What I still don't understand is why the line-height
changed without me specifying anything that, as far as I can see, related to line-height
Before I started specifying the font, the line-spacing was unchanged. My first attempt, with the header definition before body, worked to select Palatino
for the header, but was ignored in the body. I have a vague recollection from way back that when I glanced at the w3 consortium specs, they said something about precedence when defining entities, but at the time didn't take note of it.
[postscript] Upon checking the XML code, I find that Sigil
had decided the first paragraph should be in the h2
entity, rather than p
. Corrected that, and the sun shines once more
There are other questions I will need to answer if I am to decide whether to commit the time and energy necessary to learning the ePub format in depth, so another thread will probably be forthcoming.
Found a satisfactory answer pro tem
, i.e. possibly in more advanced versions, but best avoided.