View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 06:59 AM   #4
Kittybriton
Kittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchforkKittybriton can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: FBReader, Cool Reader and Aldiko (Android Tablet)
Thanks JSWolf. Since Sigil likes to take care of errors itself (and I wasn't at my best after two very early starts), it may be that I wasn't careful about checking for changes that had been inserted automatically.

Yes, SBT, that is exactly what puzzled me when I checked it in Sigil and the Firefox ePub Reader plugin. What I still don't understand is why the line-height changed without me specifying anything that, as far as I can see, related to line-height.

Before I started specifying the font, the line-spacing was unchanged. My first attempt, with the header definition before body, worked to select Palatino for the header, but was ignored in the body. I have a vague recollection from way back that when I glanced at the w3 consortium specs, they said something about precedence when defining entities, but at the time didn't take note of it.

[postscript] Upon checking the XML code, I find that Sigil had decided the first paragraph should be in the h2 entity, rather than p. Corrected that, and the sun shines once more

There are other questions I will need to answer if I am to decide whether to commit the time and energy necessary to learning the ePub format in depth, so another thread will probably be forthcoming.

Looking for a quick answer rather than being diligent and Googling, can anyone tell me, does the ePub format support the use of Javascript?

Found a satisfactory answer pro tem, i.e. possibly in more advanced versions, but best avoided.

Last edited by Kittybriton; 08-21-2012 at 07:23 AM. Reason: addendum and corrigenda
Kittybriton is offline   Reply With Quote