View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 01:50 AM   #29
joehunt
Connoisseur forever
joehunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joehunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joehunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joehunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joehunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joehunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joehunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joehunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joehunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joehunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joehunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Sony 650, K3, KT, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by djulian View Post
But I kind of miss the thrill of the hunt, so to speak. I miss disappearing into the stacks at a used bookstore and resurfacing with a nicely-priced copy of Kierkegaard or P.D. James or Tolstoy or some other author of interest. And an added bonus, I knew my dinner guests would see these books on my bookshelves and know something about me--that I like philosophy and mystery and Russian literature. And I would smile and organize my shelves at home and feel fairly well-satisfied in my books. This doesn't happen anymore.
Not exactly the same, but hunting on the internet can result in finding wonderful books. I'm always delighted when I find a title that most likely would not be available at a new bookseller or at used bookstores in my area.

Amazon is a treasure trove for hard to find and out of print books.
joehunt is online now   Reply With Quote