View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #12
sun surfer
ultima thule
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad mini & sony 950
I'm interested to read the book. The only other Austen I've read was Pride and Prejudice, and I read it a long time ago. Honestly, I didn't particularly care for it. It seemed to me somewhat like it was to that era what a romantic comedy film is to this era - light and fun entertainment where the girl gets the guy in the end.

Perhaps I'll see Austen from a different light now. I don't think I would've read another Austen for a long time if not for a book club, so I'm glad for the reason now to do so.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote