View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #21
FatDog
Witless protection Agent
FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I do bemoan the loss of browsing through the shelves and both discovering new authors or striking up conversations with fellow browsers and trading favorite books.

But many times I have gone looking for a series of books to find only the most recent 2-3 titles from an author in stock. The eBook from Amazon/BarnsNNoble has zero stocking cost or shelf cost so they can have the entire catalog from an author available for years.

I do miss the joy of a $5.99 hardback found on the clearance table. But I dont miss the finding shelf space or boxing of old books, paying for storage or hunting for a title I know I read a few years ago...

Change is upsetting. But we are better off.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote