View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 04:11 PM   #17
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xms View Post
p.s if you mean only about sdX name is wrong sure i will replace it with real name;
else i didn't understand clear what did you mean..

thanks
sd<anything> is the name of a device holding a file system - I.E: The filesystem layer above whatever the storage layer happens to be.

mmc<anything> is the name of an underlying storage layer.

The mmc<whateve>.image file is a copy of what is recorded on the bare storage media.

Under Linux, you can use the loop dev. to mount that image file, allowing you to access the file system that it represents.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote