View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 06:17 AM   #7
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorshe View Post
Yes there is a port, which kann be installed via "homebrew" packet manager.

But I would love to give the users a self-contained app, without any extra installs. This would require to statically compile imagemagick and bundle it inside the app. A Static compile of imagemagick seems to be a tricky task.

Apart from that I don't even know if the license of every dependency would allow that.
I see. I am not familiar with OS X, so I cannot ponder the question throughfully. If "sips" is a standard utility of OS X (as it seems to me), then your script is a very adequate solution.

It is a shame it lacks many powerful options already included in imagemagick, though.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote