View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 06:58 AM   #20
sherman
Addict
sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Sony PRS-505/SC, B&N Nook, Sony PRS-650/BC, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That has nothing to do with your code, it is an illustration of how css inheritance works and why it is not, in general, a safe operation to add a text-indent:0.
Sorry Kovid, my post was not very clearly defined.

The first part of the post was more directed at starrigger, showing him a different example of CSS inheritance.

I guess the second part was more a general comment that it's not just self created word/html files that have problems with centred indents, and that CSS inheritance isn't always the cause either.

I have to say that centre text with indents is one of my pet peeves, and have long wished there was a way to correct this automatically, either during conversion, or after the fact.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote