since Kindle is so great tool for travelling - dictionaries, books, wifi internet, long lasting battery - but there is one thing missing - Maps. So I have decided to develop WAF Map viewing application.
THIS APP IS IN VERY EARLY DEVELOPMENT STAGE
viewing map with predefined filenames
- the map needs to be downloaded via Google maps downloader (since the trial version can only download up to zoom 11 i want to write some special downloader app - maybe in bash so that it could be ran from kindle itself)
* write map downloader
* inside the WAF some sort of map loader - switcher + change graphics
* solve the dithering problem>>
* maybe add some sort of Geocaching support
* maybe add possibility to link same maps with different zooms and add zooming between them
I converted the map to 4bit pngs to save space but they are rendered with some weird dithering ... is there some way to circumvent it? ... i need to do more tests here - but it should work just fine since in Komic its just ok.
If There is anyone who would like to contribute to the development -feel free to write me and i will add you to the github project.
sorry, if my first post looks weird - is too long - or looks too unexperienced(because it is exactly all of this:P)