View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #89
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7
The gist of this thread as been that print/tv does not influence people. The advertising industry is proof that they do influence people. Whether it is negative (i.e. girls going anorexic, see the studies out of Japan that force them to change advertising laws) or positive (saving money on car insurance), they do influence the population in general.

If advertisements effect the general population, why would nothing else influence the general population.

I am against censorship, because it is a dangerous and slippery slope, but I do believe that books and tv influences people and their behavior.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote