View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 09:00 AM   #18
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Why read when Angry Birds is one click away?

Because reading is what I wanted to do at that moment. If the book I'm reading isn't holding my attention, it's not the tablet's fault and it isn't the fault of Angry Birds. It is author's fault (or my fault for choosing that book, but I hereby absolve myself of any blame ), and I'll simply choose another book.

Sometimes I want to do a crossword, sudoku, watch a movie, surf the web etc. The fact that a tablet is multifunctional doesn't mean I take more time out of reading to do these things, it just means I don't want to read at the moment. If I want to read and I like the book, no amount of "Oooh, Shiny!" is going to get me to stop.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote