View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 02:04 AM   #18
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: Kindle3-3G, Archos 43, Samsung S3
2 or 3 where substantial work is being done.

I am always open to ideas, to riveting or clever scenes that may or may not relate to a book already started, so there are hundreds of paragraphs or sentences not yet connected to a book or theme except in a loose genre way.

When I get well into the last chapter of a book I am trying to finish, I concentrate on that book. I may touch up previous portions but I push toward a "end." When I finally get there, I still will edit, tweak, and touch up but that doesn't usually take much time. The major changes were made along the way. Thank goodness.**

**Once when I was younger, I was told that I "would have to make major changes in a just finished book" due to another author's book that had just come out and was doing great. It was too similar. I was quiet and then carefully said to the suit, "O.K. I will check into it and estimate the time." I walked out the building. Walked around these giant streets for a 2 to 3 hours. Ate. Missed a flight. Came back into the building about 3PM. Said I had to see the "man." "Something urgent has come up." He walked out of a meeting to speak to me briefly. I said. "Mr. __, I can't do that. I am finished with that book. I will get back to you when I have another." Four years later the book I didn't change did pretty good. It is just not in my nature to change a story. I will write you another, but no one screws with my finished story. They are my children. (I am like Dylan in that.)

One thing I like to do is take a break from my regular writing which comes in the form of books and magazine articles, both fiction and non-fiction. I break with short stories. I like the ability to write something quickly.

Without this variety, I would go crazy.
Of course all this comes along with a regular job, so if you assume I am a ADHD type, you assume correctly.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote