Thread: Tablet Nook Tablet Pros-Cons
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #20
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HDX 8.9, AuraHD, Nook HD+, Kindle 2,3,T , Opus, Nexus7, iPhone5, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel47 View Post
Is there any hope that the new Nook Tablets will allow you to access the regular Google Play store? Or is that just a pipe dream?
I highly doubt it. B&N seems bound and determined to keep folks locked into their app store (they killed the sideloading of apps on the Nook Tab with an update). I haven't looked at it in quite a while, but last time I did their app store was pretty crappy. The only way to get the Play store would be to Root or use a custome ROM (either in main memory or run from an SD card).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote