View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 02:09 AM   #10
charlesatan
Addict
charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlesatan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Actually I was tlaking about publishers, however I do understand Charlestan's point as frequently the two of them really go hand in hand. Actually harry you do bring up an interesting point: is Amazon a publisher or simply a retailer?
The storefront that we know as Amazon is just a retailer. It seems like they're a publisher because they give people--whether authors or publishers--tools to self publish on their site. But technically, they are a retailer.

However, the caveat there is that they do have a division that is a publisher, contracting writers, designing covers, writing copy, etc. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000664761)

But the question is a bit vague to me as not all publishers will sell eBooks on their site, while some publishers even go as far as to sell other publisher's eBooks on their site as well (like Baen) and acting as retailers.
charlesatan is offline   Reply With Quote