View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O
KindleTool: Create/Unpack Kindle update files

This has been living in a corner of the Wiki/a couple of posts lost in the middle of a sea of threads for a while, so I thought it was time to finally give it a proper home .

For those unfamiliar with it, it's the CLI tool we use to package our hacks in a somewhat user-friendly Kindle update file (.bin), and unpack and poke into official updates .
It's the successor of the trusty kindle_update_tool.py Python packager we used in the K1/2/3 days, and a fork of yifanlu's original KindleTool project (historically forked to fix the Linux support, and ultimately permit a native win32 port). So, as always, thanks to all those people .

It's living right here on GitHub.

I won't be rehashing the readme, but I'm available to answer any queries you might have .

If you don't want to/can't build it yourself, you'll always find a set of binaries here for every system supported:

* Linux x86 (32bit):
-linux-i686: Recommended binary.

* Linux x86_64 (64bit):
-linux-x86_64: Recommended binary.

* Windows:
-mingw: Recommended binary (native Win32).
-cygwin: Cygwin binary. Needs Cygwin installed, and should only be run from an up to date Cygwin shell.

* OS X:
-osx: Built on 10.10, might run on something older (provided it's at least 10.6). Standalone. (Mac Intel only, 64bit).
Attached Files
File Type: gz kindletool-v1.6.3.3-linux-i686.tar.gz (278.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: gz kindletool-v1.6.3.3-linux-x86_64.tar.gz (295.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: zip kindletool-v1.6.3.3-mingw.zip (317.7 KB, 69 views)
File Type: zip kindletool-v1.6.3.3-cygwin.zip (200.5 KB, 35 views)
File Type: zip kindletool-v1.6.3.3-osx.zip (290.2 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-24-2014 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Bump to 1.6.3
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote