View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #29
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2, iPad, KindleFire and NookColor
I see. You're contemplating an environment in which all the ePUBs already exist. In that instance, yes, I can see how this would be very helpful.

In my shop, obviously, we make ePUBs one at a time, and we ship them to clients the same way, with certain very few exceptions, like when a client has several books in production. Having to use this one book at a time wouldn't be a time-saver; it's easier just to use an image for watermarking with house CSS and delete the watermarking code and image than to do this. I mean..it's six of one, half-dozen of another. (We do not use Calibre for eBook-making or conversion). As I said, I can see how exlibris would be useful in a large-scale situation, in which you had a bunch of books to watermark, but when you're shipping 20/books a day, (none all sitting in the same dir), it's probably easier just to have the Crews simply have it in the CSS, I suspect. I'm certainly open to thoughts or concepts of time to the contrary. ;-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote