View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #8
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I have 3 Sony's and I bought my mother a kindle keyboard.I have no experience with the kindle Touch.

The Sony's are much better for organising and finding books. No random hopping around of collection order, B is after A and before C.

The reading experience is much the same although if given a choice I would take the T1. Recognizes custom fonts and styles where the kindle does not seem to. More of an epub VS mobi thing. And of course most libraries have epub.

I don't care about Whispersync as I can generally find my place in a book in under 30 seconds, but can understand it's appeal. Perhaps if I am on a bus and want to read the book I was reading at home and it is not on that device, but 3G is not available where I live and the chances that I would connect though wifi hotspot long enough to actually whispersync anything are a bit slim.

Still I got the kindle for my mother who is 87 and lives 2000 miles away so I could get her books and have them directly sent or email them to her. She loves it, but last year I let her try my Sony 350 and now she wants a Sony. Oh well.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote