View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #8
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just posted 0.99rc4. New mode: Mono sepia. The standard sepia mode just changes white to sepia. Mono sepia changes white to sepia, and makes everything monochrome.

I've discovered a great use for the mono sepia and BW modes. The Kindle app screws up subpixel rendering (just as it is screwed up on the Kindle Fire), resulting in colored shadows around letters in some orientations (portrait on my S2, but this may differ). All the single-tone modes (sepia, BW, green, red and blue) will change the subpixel antialiasing to grayscale antialiasing, which to my eyes significantly improves appearance. (Subpixel antialiasing is wonderful--but mainly when done right.)

As far as I know, GN should now work on:
- S3
- S2 with ICS or GB
- Note with ICS or JB but not yet GB
OF COURSE USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I have heard that lots of use of a colored screen may result in screen tinting due to OLED burnin.
pruss is offline   Reply With Quote