Calibre ... or bad HTML?
Up until recently, I've just made RTF files for my Sony Reader. But I really like to have the book covers (and any other images that might be in the file) displayed. So I finally started playing with Calibre.
I've been able to create LRFs with embedded Georgia font, from HTML code created by Mobipocket Creator - from my RTFs! Looks very nice. Reads very nice.
But I find I still prefer a san-serif font when reading "screen" rather than "paper". When I use the same method to embed Verdana, my Sony displays the Verdana bold and italic (and bold-italic) just fine, but displays the regular text as a serif-font (probably Times New Roman). When I look at the same LRF in the Calibre viewer, it displays ALL Verdana - plain text or bold, but no italics.
I've attached the sample files below. By the way, I misspelled embed in the attachments and am not anal enough to go back and fix it there. Sorry!