Okay, here's an updated patch, with a few tweaks to make life easier for those of us using this with ixtab's Collections Manager on a Kindle Touch
* Autodetect the Kindle model, so, hopefully, I didn't break anything for other models (I quickly checked with my K3, that seems to hold up ^^).
* Disable the 'Modify Kindle Settings' stuff on Touch
* Handle azw3 & pobi files
* Disable the fast reboot via hack setting on Touch
* Add a new setting (only enabled on Touch) to completely discard the existing collections.json file when creating collections, since it may not be in sync (if the user didn't do an export in Collections Manager), and Collections Manager will never delete a collection. That helps avoid losing items in Kindle only collections with keep_kindle_only, and saves Collections Manager some time, since that effectively leaves only Calibre managed collections to import.
* Use the correct sort order on the Touch (might not be 100% accurate, it's boring and annoying as hell to check, and there might be some unicode issues since the Touch handle some unicode chars...).
* Don't ask Touch users to reboot their Kindle in the confirmation popup, instead ask them to do an import in Collections Manager.
That should be everything
. I've attached a working plugin zipfile in addition to the patch to help test/debug this.
@meme: Sorry about all the whitespace crap in the patches, all my editors use strict trailing whitespace extermination settings, and playing with the bB diff switches is a bad idea with Python code
EDIT: Kill deprecated attachments, merged in 1.7.11
EDITē: See #1760
for an updated patchset