View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #37
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphinome View Post
Well the granddaddy of fantasy is Tolkien of course, gotta love The Lord of the Rings.
Most definitely. I'd also recommend the Narnia books written by C.S. Lewis who shared a writing group with Tolkien (if out in ebook).
The Exiles Trilogy by Bova (via Amazon)
is a good read as is City at Worlds End by Edmund Hamilton (available via manybooks)

Leigh Brackett's works are good though I don't know how much of her work is out on ebook yet (she was married to Hamilton) her "Book of Skaith" is a good read.

Warp Speed and the Quantum Connection by Travis Taylor are good (through Baen & 5th imperium)

I don't know if they are out in ebook format but I'd also add Dragon's Egg and Starquake by Robert L. Forward

And The Sands of Mars by Arthur C. Clarke (if it's out in ebook)

Of course there are a number of good ebooks of fantasy and sci fi here at MR too. The Mars books by Burroughs, the Oz books by Baum and the Alice in Wonderland books just to name a few.
crich70 is online now   Reply With Quote