View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #10
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Are your 600x800 covers aspect ratio correct or are they stretched to fill 600x800?

I have to agree with Amazon that a cover of 800 lines is not large enough given that these eBook could be read on devices with much higher resolution.
As I stated in post #2 of this thread, Amazon recommends 600x800 px covers saved at 300 dpi resolution. Let us be honest though, does the cover image have to look super great in full view? After all how many times does the average reader even see that full size (full screen cover). The reader usually has to back page to even see it while reading, and regardless of device most of the times the cover is displayed for a book it will be the thumbnail version. Users are going to see the thumbnail version perhaps a hundred times more often than they will see the full screen version. If Amazon ever allows us to display the full size cover on the sleep screen rather than their stupid screensavers and worthless special crap offers then the full size image will be worth fussing over. Otherwise, the most use the full size cover will get is when it is displayed on the Amazon.com web site in the book store. So I think just make a nice looking 600x800 px cover and not worry if it looks good on larger devices.

Last edited by jswinden; 08-09-2012 at 01:33 PM.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote