Originally Posted by workingkindle
After a lot of screwing around, I have hopefully restored my kindle. It went onto the tree screen, then the low power screen. I connected it to the wall socket rather than the computer which seemed to make it charge. It then randomly went back to the main home screen. I then took the backup of the kindle I made if anything were to go wrong, and copied it to another computer. I then wiped the kindle on said computer and pasted in the pre-modded version (without ENABLE_DIAGS and data.tar.gz). I then reset the kindle which wiped everything, and re-downloaded everything. It has now worked for a full day so hopefully it will stay that way!
Congratulations on your success! Your success report has been added to the success report list in the simple debricking sticky thread.