Originally Posted by workingkindle
KseniBlake and anyone else who is stuck like this, I have just spent half a day panicking about what to do in your position, so here is what I did to save you the trouble.
1) Go to http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=169645
2) Download 'KindleSelectBoot.zip' in the attatched files at the bottom of the first post.
3) Unzip and run 'MfgTool.exe
4) Select 'Kindle Main' from the dropdown menu.
5) Scan devices.
6) Press 'Start' and the kindle should go to the main menu!
Couldn't find ANYWHERE with instructions as simple as these. Really hope this helped.
That does not change your bootmode variable, and it does not delete ENABLE_DIAGS, so it is only a ONE-TIME boot to whichever mode you selected with MfgTool. That is why the thread is called "Select Boot".
Your simple instructions are simpler that the full set in the "small debricking guide for noobs" because they do not fix the problem other than allowing a one-time boot to main.