View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
First, have you had earlier versions of that app working? If so just use the last working version you had.

The first thing you must realise is that although the version of Android we have is 2.2, Ermine, is a very modified release.

This is because it first has to interface with the e-ink side of things, hardware and software. Next our devices do not have any of the sensors, GPS, acceleration and so on, that phones and the newer tablets have.

Then there is the problem of developers producing apps that may install but look for the hardware that is not available on our devices when they run and not finding it stop. There is no way we can work round this, only the developer can make the necessary changes.

I have yet to find any reason why many apps look for, and require, the presence of hardware they never use. The only possible reason is that they don't tailor their make environment to the app and so leave all the garbage in.

Sorry I can't be of more help but what I have said is the state of play and always will be.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote