View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 10:54 PM   #1
Anabana
Connoisseur
Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre Pro; Nook Glowlight; Galaxy Tab 2
Which is best for me?

I've read through many/most of the threads and can't quite find the answers to my questions.
I live in a rural area where broadband is weak or expensive (satellite).. No DSL or Cable.
So, I need something with wifi, that will let me make shopping lists (typed is fine), small enough to toss in my shoulder bag, and then on my shopping trips I can find a hotspot (e.g. library) to download anything I want that's larger than a couple MBs --audiobooks, etc..
Also to pull up email on the few occasions when I travel o-o-t. I thoroughly checked out the Samsung Galaxy 2 Tab (Costco), and while I'm impressed with the device, it's way overkill for my needs. I'm not into gaming or videos. I have my reliable little e-ink device for reading.
So, I'm thinking the Nook Color with N2A should meet all my needs -- factory refurbished runs about $120 & has same as orig. 1 yr warranty. As of now, when I simply must get a large download (such as iTunes), I've taken my laptop to the library. It's NOT convenient.
It was my only computer for about 5 yrs and more than paid for itself, but now I want small and lightweight!
Would the Nook be a reasonable choice? Any better suggestions?

Last edited by Anabana; 08-01-2012 at 10:55 PM. Reason: typos
Anabana is offline   Reply With Quote