Originally Posted by SameerH
One question: where did you purchase your device?
Try this for the desktop app:
1. Download an app called 'Appcleaner' for mac here: http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/25276/appcleaner
and install it.
2. Start the appcleaner app.
3. open your Applications folder, and drag the kobo icon to the appcleaner window.
4. Appcleaner will prompt you to delete all associated files, go ahead and do this.
5. Go to http://www.kobobooks.com/desktop
and download a fresh version of the application and install it.
This should fix your problem.
So first I made sure my Mac had the most up to date software - it didn't so had to install upgrades. I then did the process you quoted above. It worked - I have successfully downloaded the desktop upgrade. Yeah! Thanks for your help.
To the previous poster, maybe try seeing if your Mac software has any updates? That's the only additional thing I did?
Thanks for the help.