View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 11:00 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClockwise View Post
I have a large collection of fiction and nonfiction books mixed with a large amount of tabletop roleplaying games ebooks that I would like to keep separated, so when I used the search function, there should be no overlap between these ebook classes quickly.

Is that possible? How could I do that? Please, mind that I have no experience in programming, but I'm willing to mess around fiddly bits, if people could give me some instructions.
The best way is to use tags to clearly identify your books then use the the restricted library function.

As an example after adding the Tabletop tags simply clicking in the Tag browser on the tag "Tabletop" so it shows a plus. This will show you only Tabletop books. Save this search (right side of calibre search bar) as Tabletop and you can simply click the Restrict to dropdown (left side of calibre search bar) and choose your Tabletop saved search to restrict you library view and activities to just Tabletop books. Once it is restricted all plugins and searches will treat this restriction as its own library.

Do the same for whatever other major items you would like to work with and search as a separate entity. This is a way of creating virtual separate libraries without the need to actually separate your books into separate libraries.

I have any new books added automatically tagged with a "working" tag. I have restrictions set for many things. I can select working library, finished library, adult fiction library etc...

Post 8 and 9 in this thread might clear up some of what I'm saying.

In the attachments below you can see how I restricted the library to my Finished Library and also to Classics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre (2).jpg
Views:	122
Size:	373.5 KB
ID:	89995   Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre_classics.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	442.7 KB
ID:	89999  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 07-31-2012 at 11:53 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote