View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
sarahmelissa
sarahmelissa began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Unhappy Unbearable Oversight of the [Original] Nook Tablet Devs!

So I've just gotten my new Nook tablet. Note that I use Calibre to maintain my (somewhat sizable) book collection. I spent many, many hours lovingly wading through the metadata nightmare of all my books and giving them meaningful tags, sorting them into series, etc. I've loaded them onto the SD card, popped that into the Nook, and bam! there are my books. I realized, though, that there is no discernible way to browse my (newly sideloaded) books by tags, series, publication year, etc. Nothing other than your standard Author, Title, and Date Added. What the frack!?! Please, for the love of reading, someone tell me there is a way to circumnavigate this epic oversight of The Stock Nook Development Team. Is there an app available through the BN app store? What if I root it, is there an app available in the Android Market? Thanks in advance for any replies...

Edit: Oh, by the by, the ability to browse by tag would be most important to me. And I dislike the idea of Calibre2OPDS or whatever it is, since I'd need WiFi to access my books.
sarahmelissa is offline   Reply With Quote