View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
faithbw
Fanatic
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4S
Another Android or iPhone?

I'm thinking of switching my phone soon. I currently have a T-Mobile Comet (http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/...-34207609.html) which was free with my two year contract. However, I have learned the hard way that you get what you pay for. The phone makes calls and I can access the internet, etc. However, I don't like this phone, especially because I'm so use to the iOS interface of my iPod Touch. I've been flirting with the idea of getting an iPhone for quite some time (yes, I know T-Mobile doesn't offer the iPhone...I would get the unlocked iPhone). I have a sister and a niece who both have the iPhone 4 and they seem to like their phones. Plus, with the iPhone, I could take all my music that is in iTunes and just put it on the phone, eliminating the need for the iPod Touch.

However, I don't have any gripes with Android, just my phone. The battery life is terrible and I've already had to replace one battery in less than a year. The phone is also pretty slow, bulky and really small. The screen is small and it makes navigating web pages rather difficult. I often just use my iPod Touch if wifi is available rather than my phone when I want to access the internet.

However, I like the Android OS. I love swype! It makes texting or any other typing so much easier for me. That doesn't seem possible on the iOS. I also like a lot of the little widgets that you can put on the various screens of an Android phone. It makes it very easy to access the most heavily used apps easily. The layout of the iOS is nice although I do feel that seeing all those apps makes the screen on my iPod Touch a little congested.

So if you were in my shoes, would you take the leap and get an iPhone or just upgrade to a better Android phone? Please feel free to also mention other factors that I haven't mentioned.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote